One Year Ago Today...

2:18:00 PM

I did one of the scariest things I've ever had to do. I packed up my things and moved across the country to California with Lyle. We both felt like it was something that needed to be done to further our careers.

This new journey of our lives started on the morning of October 6, 2015. We packed up Lyle's car and  headed to West Texas. I was ready for something new but I wasn't ready to stop exploring my beautiful home state. There were so many places I had yet to see so we decided to use this time to check some things off our bucket list. I already wrote about our West Texas adventures and our journey west in previous blogposts, but here's a quick recap in some photos.









Life here has definitely been rough at times for the both of us, but we've learned to work together and push through the bad times. It's taught us to be stronger as individuals and for each other. I'm super thankful that Lyle and I can both flourish out here because I'm not sure if I would have ever made the move alone or been able to survive out here as long as I have.


Since being here in LA, I feel as if I've grown and gotten further in my "career". Even though I'm still constantly questioning "What do I want to do with my life?", I think moving was a good choice. It's helped me find a little more direction in my life. I may still be a little lost at times (what 20 something isn't a little lost? Let's be real!) but every day things are getting a little more clear.


It has definitely taken some time, but I've found the inspiration I was hoping to find in the move. I've been fortunate enough to travel and have new experiences that have helped me create some awesome content that I might not have had otherwise. We've explored a new state and seen some awesome places together during our time here.


It's been a blessing to have the opportunity to live in and experience a new city, one of the biggest cities, and we've enjoyed every minute of it. It's been a whole lot easier having my cousin Marissa out here as well. Lyle and I would go here and there on occasion, but once Marissa moved back here in January, she dragged us out a lot more. Like that time she made us wake up at 6am to drive to Sea World San Diego so she could see Shamu...


Currently, I am photographing clothing and accessories for online consignment. It's such a particular LA job that I feel lucky to have found. I often find myself wondering what my life would be like if I had stayed in Texas. I really don't think I would be doing anything close to what I have done with my time in California. But who knows really? All I know is that I feel like I am on the right path to something great.


I've never felt stronger about doing something that absolutely terrifies you. Getting outside of your comfort zone and doing something you never thought you would do is so freeing. If you're waiting for a sign or message that it's time to do something different with your life, here it is. I 100% support anyone who feels they need a change. Do what scares you because it's true, "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone" -Neale Donald Walsch.



Previous Blogposts on our move:
Moving West: Roadtrip Day 1 / Marfa, Texas
Moving West: Roadtrip Day 2 / Monahans Sandhills State Park
Moving West: Roadtrip Day 3 / Palo Duro Canyon State Park & Cadillac Ranch
Moving West: Roadtrip Day 4 // Hoover Dam, Las Vegas & California!

You Might Also Like

0 comments