LA County Fair Adventures

1:33:00 PM

Hello friends! So just last weekend, Lyle, Marissa and I headed out to Pomona to check out the LA County Fair. Aside from it being INCREDIBLY hot, we had so much fun. And yes Texas friends and family, California does indeed get hot. We are in the desert! Just because we don't have the humidity, doesn't mean it's not still hot! Anyway, let's just get to the good parts of the story!


So first thing's first, when we arrived, we went straight to an area called "The Farm". Of course the first thing on our list was to play with the animals. We spent a good hour or two watching the goats jump around on bales of hay and petting the cute little animals.



From here, we went on to check out the little shops set up inside the expo halls. There were so many different shops set up in all the buildings, I don't think we even had a chance to see them all. After that, we decided it was definitely time for food. There were so many different options, it was hard to choose. The majority of our options were fried because what's a fair without some fried foods?


So we ordered some basic chicken strips because we needed some sort of normalcy, fried pickles all for myself because Lyle and Marissa are insane and don't like pickles, and some FRIED OREOS. I was mostly excited for those, and my mouth is currently watering for them as I write this. I never had a fried Oreo before this and it was kind of life changing. I couldn't tell you why it was so good but it just was.

After we sat and devoured our fried foods, we went off to see some more animals. I’m starting to think Marissa only wanted to go to the fair to see animals. We found Stanley the giraffe and he was honestly so adorable. I had never seen a giraffe in person so it was pretty interesting to be there and watch him do his giraffe things. There were also some zebras hanging out and waiting to be fed. Once they got their food, they were in their own little world and completely ignored everyone gawking at them. We also watched some cute monkeys swinging around their cage and some other cute little animals hanging out.


Our last spot to check out was "America's Great Outdoors". They had a whole section dedicated to the National Parks Service and, of course, I was the one to drag Lyle and Marissa there. It was a nice little area to get away to from the craziness of the fair that made me feel like I was off hiking somewhere.



Although it was an extremely hot day, we still had a lot of fun checking out the fair. It's so much fun to be able to experience different LA/CA events. It definitely reminded me of the rodeo, minus the rodeo part of course. Shoutout to Marissa dragging us along to more than half of them because I doubt Lyle and I would do these things on our own, haha. Anyway, that's all for today! I have lots of exciting content I'll be putting up over the next month or so! Be sure to check back in for those updates! :) Until next time, xo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments