Photo Diaries: August 2016

2:30:00 PM

Helloooo everyone, welcome back to another photo diaries. Why is it already September?! I'm not sure if I'm more ready for fall to come or more sad that summer will end soon. But does summer ever really end in LA? Let's be real, not really. Anyway, keep reading to see what I've been up to this past month.

If you didn't know, I had an article published with the San Antonio Newspaper about my trip to Big Bend National Park a few years ago! My mom had shown me the article in print but I'm still confused as to where it was exactly. That doesn't matter now because I'm not sure who actually still reads the physical paper besides my parents. If you're late to the game and thinking "Hey Lori, I would LOVE to see what got published" then don't worry, I got you covered. You can click here to check it out!


After returning from our trip in Texas, we pretty much immediately began helping move Marissa into her new apartment at USC. It was a three day process and I'm not even sure how that happened. It made me feel super nostalgic because I remember moving around dorms and apartments in San Marcos and it made me miss it! I also feel old now, great. And if we didn't get ice cream, coffee or go to Alfred's Tea, did we even really hang out with Marissa?




My favorite thing that happened this month was going to a Boys Like Girls concert. If you know me well, you know that BLG was my favorite band all through high school and into college. Now, I've definitely grown past the whole going to shows phase of my life. I remember my parents being so annoyed when I wanted to go to a show or concert just about every weekend in high school. Being that I haven't really been to a concert in I don't know how long, it was kind of weird and uncomfortable for me to be there. I felt super out of place. This tour they were on was a 10 year anniversary tour of the release of their first album. Once they came out and started playing I was instantly 15 again and felt right at home. Ugh, shout out to Marissa for convincing me to go! I had so much fun that night and now I'm sad and want to see them again.




Other than those fun outings, I've been working. Working at my job and working on my blog stuff. That's still a job to me and I make sure to put in the effort and hours for my content. I've been thinking a lot about where I want this blog to go and I'm working on ways to make it better! I hope to be able to do that in the near future so we'll just have to see! Thank you for catching up with me this month! The next few weeks should be full of some exciting things so keep your eyes peeled!

You Might Also Like

0 comments