Texas, Texas, Texas

2:29:00 AM

Hey guys! So it's been a while since my last blogpost. I feel like I've been on the go nonstop the past few weeks and I haven't had much time to sit down and work on my blog. Life happens, what can ya do? Let's get into our time in TEXAS! ❤️

Our adventure home started early on Wednesday. Our flight wasn't until 6:45 but we wanted to head to the city early to avoid traffic. We had found a restaurant in Los Feliz called HomeState. It is described as a Texas kitchen featuring breakfast tacos, queso, and brisket with some Austin based foods and coffee. Aside from their breakfast tacos being $3.50, they were pretty delicious. They were definitely very "Austin" tasting tacos (remember the breakfast taco battle between San Antonio and Austin?). After our lunch, we grabbed a coffee from Blue Bottle Coffee in Echo Park and wasted time until our nearly 7pm flight back home. We landed in Austin at midnight and first stop was Whataburger, of course! My dad, sister and nieces picked me up in New Braunfels and I was on my way to my little pup, Sierra!




Thursday was an errands day. I ran around everywhere with my mom trying to get things done. While in my neck of the woods, I of course had to stop at Wizards for a raspa! We continued our errands and ended with dinner at Bill Miller's, yum!



Friday was Miclynn's graduation, yay! After a rough morning of no AC, my parents dropped my off at Lyle's house. We headed to Texas State in San Marcos to watch Miclynn make her way across the stage. Watch out world, I'm not sure if you're ready to handle the sass of Miclynn! It was such a weird feeling to be back on that beautiful campus. I miss that little town so much. 



Saturday was a river day! All I wanted to do when I got back to Texas was float the river. Sure, California has the beaches but honestly, nothing here can compare to the Texas Hill Country. I had a love/hate relationship with the fact that it was supposed to rain. Considering we don't get any rain in LA, I was so happy to see gray skies. But at the same time, I wanted sunny skies to float! Even though the day started off pretty gloomy, I was super pleased when the sun finally came out and I was able to get my tan on! We spent a good six hours in the good ol' Guadalupe before heading back home.




On Sunday, I grabbed lunch with my family at Luby's (ugh, now I'm craving it). Of course, it was a rainy day but I loved it! After lunch, I met Maria, Russell and Paul at one of my favorite spots in Southtown, Halcyon Coffee Bar. We spent a few hours catching up and sipping some coffee. What else is new? I wouldn't have it any other way though.


I was woken up Monday morning by the AC guys making so much noise outside my room. We had another late evening flight back so I had a few hours to lay around and soak in my Texas time. I made sure to spend lots of time with my little Sierra baby because I always miss her so much. Not to take away from how much I miss my friends and family! I'm just able to talk to them and they understand I'm gone. DOES SIERRA UNDERSTAND?! Ugh. Just look how cute she is.




Anyway, I shall leave you on that note. Thanks for catching up on today's blogpost! I hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures back home. I can never visit home long enough, it always seems like the time goes by so quickly! But I make sure to enjoy whatever time I do have with my family and friends. Be sure to be on the lookout for my next blogpost!

You Might Also Like

0 comments