Weekend Getaway: Dad's Birthday!

5:00:00 AM

Hey everyone! So, just last weekend, I flew back home to surprise my dad for his birthday! I don't think I've ever surprised someone like that before and it was so nerve wracking! I was more nervous about lying to my dad about my day (he thought I was at work) then surprising him haha! So, here's a little overview of my weekend.

I flew into town Thursday night. Shout out to Paul for being able to pick me up from the airport! I called my mom as soon as I landed, and since she was with my dad, she had to tell him it was me and I would call back. I called him when I was about 3 minutes away from home and rambled about how my "day at work" had gone. I was inside the house, separated from my dad by a wall, when my dog Sierra started barking at my other dog Sadie. My dad says, "What was that?!" and I panicked and ran up the stairs. I thought he was going to come out and see me and that's not how I wanted to surprise him. He never came out so I went back downstairs and just hung up the phone and walked in and said "Hey!" I'll never forget the look on his face; he was more shocked than happy to see me, haha! Even 20 minutes later he was still saying "I just can't believe you're here!!" If you know my dad, you know he's asleep by 8:30. It was a little after 9 and he couldn't stop yawning but he still wanted to take me to Whataburger.


Pretty much as soon as I got off the plane on Thursday night I was slapped in the face with allergies. That being said, I woke up Friday morning not feeling too hot. All I did this day was take my pup to the vet to get some shots and go back home and chill.

My niece Samantha's 8th birthday party was on Saturday. After spending a few hours at her favorite place, Pump It Up!, we headed out to run some errands. We finally finished up and went back home. My parents went out to dinner with my godparents while I met up with Maria and Russell to grab some Rosario's (yum!). 

Sunday consisted of an earlyish dinner with my grandma, my aunt Carol, my uncle Rene & Ruby and my brother Steven and nephew Aiden. I chose to go to Luby's because it's always been one of my favorite places and I just can't go home and not eat there. After dinner, I went to pick up my dad's birthday gift and went back home. My parents had gone out to a concert with my godparents, so I spent my evening hanging with my pups!

Monday was my dad's actual birthday. We both just hung around the house and what not until dinner. We had some homemade enchiladas and my mom had picked up some tamales on her way home from work. It was a dinner made in heaven, basically. Dinner was topped off with some delicious chocolate cake that my sister had made. After dessert, my dad opened his gifts and we all just sat around and talked. I really enjoy spending time with my family, even if they're all crazy! :p

I had so much fun being back in Texas and I was super sad to leave my family. I'm really excited I got to see everyone, including all my nieces and my nephew! Tuesday was my flight back to LA so I didn't do much except have my last Texas meal (Bill Miller's) and head off to the airport. Now, I leave you with some photos from my trip and I hope you enjoy! Until next time, xo!









You Might Also Like

2 comments