Photo Diaries: December 2016

2:27:00 PM

Hey everyone! I may or may have not have taken an extended vacation from my blog. I spent half of December working my butt off and the other half relaxing at home with my family for the holidays. It was quite an eventful month, so let's just hit up the highlights.


Of course, you already know we visited Big Bear again this year. You can read all about that here if you haven't yet. Aside from that, we didn't do much else in LA. And since flights so close to Christmas are so insanely expensive, Lyle and I decided to make the drive home again. Lots of people say that we're crazy but personally, I enjoy the drive. I've done it so many times already that I'm used to it.



Honestly couldn't believe this was California. It felt like the PNW.

      
All the holiday snapchat filters from the road! Also, double dog filter.

When we finally arrived home, we headed straight for all the Tex-Mex we could eat. Honestly, I ate so much Mexican food while I was home. It sucks that California's Mexican food isn't the same. But then again, maybe that's a good thing? Also, I made sure to eat as much BBQ (Bill Miller and Salt Lick of course, yum!) and Whataburger as I could. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my normal eating habits.

During my time home, I made sure to soak up as much family and friend time as I could. I'm really happy I got to see some of my best friends while in town. Renee is always super busy, so I was excited we were able to match up our schedules and grab some ice cream with Russell. Also, Jon was in town from Japan! That was such a good surprise and was so great to get together with him, Paul and Maria. 

  

I made extra sure to treasure my time spent with my family. The older I get, the more important it is to me. Family has always been important, but especially now that I'm away. I visited the Alamo with my sister and nieces. Exploring downtown is always fun to me! We made a trip through the Hill Country to Salt Lick, YUM. Of course, Christmas and New Years I spent with the fam as well. I've never been one to go out for NYE but I wouldn't have it any other way. Also, you can bet I was super excited to spend my time with my pup Sierra. I'm always super sad that I had to leave her behind, but it was for the best. She's not a Cali dog and would hate being stuck in my apartment all day. 

  


Overall, I was very pleased with my time spent at home. Of course, it wasn't enough time but I'm super thankful I was able to spend two weeks at home. It's nice to slow down after dealing with the hustle and bustle of the city. My next blogpost will be a 2016 recap / 2017 plans so be on the lookout for that! As always, thanks for reading! Love each and every one of you that take the time to read about what I have to say.

You Might Also Like

0 comments