Photo Diaries: July 2016

3:30:00 PM

Hey everyone! Usual intro: How is it already August? What's happening? Make time stop. PLEASE. Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's have a little recap of what I've been up to this month, shall we?

The day after my family left I felt lost and didn't know what to do with my time. I had gone from nonstop activities to having nothing to do. I felt restless and I knew I needed to get out for an adventure. We decided to head out to Vasquez Rocks for sunset. We decided to take Sadie this time because I'm sure she hates being inside sometimes also. She is in no way an adventure dog but I'm determined to try to make her one! Watching the sunset on Vasquez Rocks was the perfect way to spend my evening.





A few weeks ago, Lyle played show in Mt. Baldy, California. I had never been out there so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was envisioning some sort of wooded outdoor festival, although I'm not sure why. It turns out, they played at Top of the Notch at Mt. Baldy. We took the ski lifts up there and it was such a fun experience. If you follow my snapchat, which you should, you know I was obsessed with the views! The band put on a great show and it was just a fun day overall.



Last week, Lyle and I went to the California Science Center to check out National Parks Adventure in 3D and IMAX. I had been wanting to see this for months so I was super excited we were finally going. I honestly almost cried watching this film. I have such a strong love for the outdoors and a passion for helping to protect our land. I walked out of that movie planning trips for all the National Parks I plan to visit soon. If you get the chance, I suggest you check it out! From there, we grabbed a coffee (what's new?) and some tacos from Pinches Tacos (so, so good).


This past Saturday was Marissa day (kidding, sort of). I actually hadn't seen her since my family had left due to our conflicting schedules. We finally got some hang time in and decided to grab some lunch at a place called Bruxie at Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. It's a chicken and waffle restaurant that offers a variety of waffle sandwiches as well as a classic chicken and waffles skillet. I'm not going to lie, I was just going to order chicken strips and waffle fries because the idea of a waffle taco weirded me out. I decided against that and went with the bbq pork waffle sandwich and it was surprisingly delicious.


After lunch, we headed to Alfred's Tea Room. I had been to Alfred's Coffee before but Alfred's Tea Room just recently opened. I ordered a tropical coconut tea and it did not disappoint! We relaxed here for a while before heading out to Griffith Park for some hammock hangs. Fun fact: Marissa fell out of the hammock. No one got it on camera, which would have been pretty great, but it did indeed happen. No worries though, she's doing fine!





Our last stop of the night was grabbing a snack at Lemonade. Their truffle mac and cheese is my favorite thing ever. Also, what's a stop at Lemonade without lemonade? I'm never daring when it comes to mixing drinks but I decided to mix Blood Orange lemonade with Guava Limeade and holy cow. If you ever visit LA and check out Lemonade, I highly suggest this mix.

Aside from these major outings, there were many lazy pool days that were had. I took advantage of my days off of work by lounging in the pool on my awesome donut float and soaking up the sun!



Thanks so much for checking out today's blogpost! I hope you enjoyed it! I got some fun things happening in the next few weeks so be on the lookout for those blogposts coming soon! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments