Day in the Life: Los Angeles

12:58:00 AM

Happy Sunday & welcome back to another blog post! Today, I thought I would fill you in on another day in my life in LA.


Last Friday, Lyle and I went to Echo Park. We've gone to quite a few neighborhoods here in LA but I think Echo Park is one of my favorites. It reminds me quite a bit of some areas in Austin. There's one street here that is just crazy. It's called Baxter St. and if you ever find yourself in the area, I suggest you take a drive down it.

It was a surprisingly chill day in LA and we were definitely not prepared for that. I'm not sure how we didn't realize it when we first walked outside but oh well. Our first stop was at Fix Coffee to, well, get our coffee fix (see what I did there?). Even though it was chilly, I still ordered an iced coffee because iced coffee is just my thing. But then, we sat outside and realized we made a mistake. So, we took our coffee to go and sat in the warm car.

After our caffeine intake for the day, we were off to Echo Park Lake to paddle boat around the lake. If you know me at all, you know I have an irrational fear of sharks. I'm convinced there's a shark in any body of water, so, going out on the lake in one of those tiny boats was definitely out of my comfort zone. We still had a lot of fun chasing ducks (yes we're 5) and seeing the park from a different perspective.


When we finished our time on the lake, Lyle had wanted to go somewhere to grab a beer. We found a place nearby and stopped in for one drink. We ended our night with some dinner at BJ's Brewhouse. I know.. of all places we can eat in LA right? But, it was reliable and we were hungry and not in the mood to try something we may or may not be disappointed in. We weren't ready to be spontaneous! If you do go to a BJ's near you though, try the Monkey Bread pizookie dessert.. thing. You will not be disappointed!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed today's blogpost! I wanted to do something a little different by adding a video. I'm not 100% sure if this is something I want to keep doing, but I figured it was worth a try once. Don't forget to let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome! ;) Until next time, xo!



You Might Also Like

0 comments