Photo Diaries: October 2016

3:39:00 PM

Hello everyone! Welcome to this month's photo diary. October is my second favorite month, my first being of course my birthday month. I love that it's finally fall time, except for the fact that in both Texas and California there really is no fall, it's just still hot. Luckily, for the first few days of October, I got to experience an actual fall climate in Oregon! More on that later because I'm still working on those posts. So, keep reading to see my October adventures.

As I said, Lyle and I spent the first few days of October in Oregon. When we got back, I immediately went back to work. That being said, I worked a TON this month, again. YAY money, BOO always tired. I made sure to treasure my days off and treat myself to some relaxation.

One highlight of the month was another trip to Disneyland with a million thanks to Marissa! I've always wanted to visit Disneyland during Halloween and I'm so happy I finally got to check this off
my bucket list. We went during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and it was so much fun!


  

    

There were so many trick or treating trails and you better believe we hit all of them. Also, Marissa enjoys spending her time at Disneyland waiting in the crazy long lines to meet characters, something I haven't done since I was 5. So of course, we waited to meet Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Rabbit.

  


Another thing that I haven't done in a long time was sit and watch the fireworks and parade. I have to say, although I'm not a fan of sitting around, I enjoyed watching them this time. It was nice to do something different there.

 

Of course, I'm that girl that takes my dog to the pumpkin patch just to take some cute pictures. I honestly felt like a mom trying to get the attention of a 3 year old. Which, thinking back, was pretty much the case considering Sadie turned 3 this month! Her attention span for the pumpkin patch was about 20 minutes and then she was ready to go home.

  
  

Last but not least there's Halloween weekend. Lyle and I went to a family party and decided to be Little Red Riding Hood & The Big Bad Wolf. I was pretty excited that Lyle was willing to let me put makeup all over his face. Not so bad for some last minute costumes, huh?



As far as Halloween day, I spent it laying around with Sadie watching the Halloween marathon on AMC and working on blogposts. I also spent a good amount of time deleting photos off my phone. I swear I'm a photo hoarder and it's so hard to part with them, even if they are backed up somewhere else. I'm awful.

Anyway, as always, I hope you enjoyed this month's photo diaries! I still have some blogposts from our Portland trip coming up so be on the lookout for those! Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments